Michelle Buckman PhD, RN is a practicing psychiatric clinical nurse specialist certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. She has 32 years’ experience working with a variety of people suffering with mental illness and family conflict. Currently Dr. Buckman is the psychiatric nurse of the Loma Linda University emergency department and a nurse clinician at the child and adolescent intensive outpatient clinic. She has an earned Master of Science in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing and a PhD in Nursing Science.
Dr. Buckman’s areas of expertise are:
● Supportive group therapy
● Brief situational therapy and referrals
● College student concerns and mental health assessment
● Development of psychiatric care settings, evaluation of existing programs/settings
● Child and adolescent intensive psychiatric care
● Chemical dependency assessment and interventions
● Crisis intervention.
Dr. Buckman teaches Community Mental Health at Loma Linda University School of Nursing and participates in mental health research.